Hi Everyone! We would love to have a good showing, so please consider coming out to help plant trees with Trees Atlanta! We can accommodate a group of 10-20 volunteers.
PLEASE READ ALL OF THE INFORMATION BELOW
Bree will be linking the video, “How to Plant a Tree” in the comments on the FB event posting. Please take a few minutes to view it before coming out so that we are all prepared and understand the work we'll be doing. There's more to it than we might think!
The closest address 1871 Plaza Lane. The coordinator for this project is Willette Jackson. If you have any trouble finding the site, please call her at 334-220-8194.
- · We will be planting trees from 9 am to 12 pm. Please arrive at 8:45 to get signed in so that we can begin promptly at 9 am. It is important to arrive on time as Trees Atlanta only provides one demonstration (it takes 20 minutes) and every volunteer needs to see it. We also want all volunteers to STAY FOR THE ENTIRE PROJECT, and not leave before we finish.
- All ages are welcome, but volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, and all volunteers between the ages of 16 and 17 who are not accompanied by a parent/guardian must have a parent/guardian sign a waiver for them (found here).
- Wear closed-toed shoes or boots (waterproof is best), long pants such as jeans (no leggings or athletic wear), sunscreen and bug spray as needed.
- Bring drinking water in a reusable container. No one-time-use plastic bottles, please.
- Eat a good breakfast and come prepared to work hard! You also might want to bring a snack.
- Projects happen rain or shine, so please check the weather beforehand and come prepared and dress accordingly.
- Trees Atlanta will provide all necessary tools and instruction, though volunteers may prefer to bring their own work gloves.